The department of Rheumatology at Pushpagiri Hospital deals with evaluation and medical management of patients with musculo skeletal disorders. This include a wide variety of conditions popularly known as ‘vatharogam‘ in Malayalam. It is widely believed in Kerala, that allopathic system does not offer a cure for these conditions. The fact is that there is considerable advancement in the treatment of these conditions and if treated earlier many diseases can be well controlled.
- Rheumatology OPD
- Intrarticular injections
- Biologic Infusion Clinic
- Arthritis including inflammatory Arthritis like Rheumatoid, Psoriatic and non- inflammatory arthritis like Osteoarthritis and those associated with infections like Chikungunya.
- Systemic connective tissue disorders like lupus (SLE), scleroderma, sjogrens syndrome etc.
- Seronegative spondyloarthropathies like ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis etc.
- Vasculitis including small, medium and large vessel vasculitis.
- Rheumatic disorders associated with metabolic (eg.Gout), endocrine, neoplastic and hematologic disorders
- Regional musculoskeletal disorders like tennis elbow, plantar fasciitis, fibromyalgia, back and neck pain (spondylitis).
- Childhood arthritis like Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis.
- Osteoporosis, which is affects the elderly.
- Miscellaneous disorders like Antiphospholipid syndrome, Behcet’s syndrome, autoinflmmatory disorders.
- The department has facility for specialized treatment like Biologics with patients of Rheumatoid arthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, Seronegative Spondyloarthropathy benefitting from the therapy.
- The department is supported by a dedicated Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy team.