Patients admitted are getting expert management of senior faculty, Post graduates students, interns and other qualified technical staff. All of these staff are on 24 hours duty for patient care.
HAND AND LIMB RECONSTRUCTIVE MICROSURGERY
The hand and limb reconstructive microsurgery unit, under Ortho II, is involved in the management of major upper and lower limb trauma including open fractures which require fixation and flap cover including microsurgical free tissue transfer. The unit expertise in brachial plexus and peripheral nerve surgery including nerve repairs, nerve transfers, tendon transfers, operative procedures for obstetric brachial plexus palsy like Modquad, Traingular tilt, Derotation osteotomies etc. major re plantation – arm, forearm, wrist and re plantation of fingers and thumb are other features of the unit. It also is involving in secondary trauma reconstructive procedures like tendon / nerves reconstruction. Management of congenital anomalies like syndatyly separation, pollizisation for thumb hypoplasia, management of radial longitudinal deficiencies and other features.
Department is functioning as three units.
Unit I [OP Days Monday & Thursday 9.00 am to 4 pm]
- Prof. Verghese Chacko, MS Ortho, Professor Emeritus, Unit Chief
- Prof. P S John, D’ Ortho, MS, Ph. D Ortho, Professor & HOD
- Dr. Shibu Varghese, MS Ortho, F.A.J.R (Germany), F.A.S.M (SA),Asst. Professor
- Dr. Kiran R, D’ Ortho, DNB Ortho, Asst. Professor
- Dr. Sandeep Krishna A, (DNB) Ortho, Senior Resident
- 5 Junior Residents.
Unit II [OP Days Tuesday & Friday 9.00 am to 4 pm]
- Prof. Shamsuddin K, MS Ortho, Unit Chief
- Dr. Manju G Pillai, DNB Ortho, Asst. Professor
- Dr. Oommen V Oommen, DNB Ortho,FNB Hand & Microsurgery, Asst. Professor
- 4 Junior Residents
.Unit III [OP Days Wednesday & Saturday 9.00 am to 4 pm]
- Dr. Samson S Edayalamuriyil, MS Ortho, Assoc. Professor
- Mithun Joy Kattoor, D’ Ortho (DNB), Senior Resident
- 3 Junior Residents [/accor_block][/accordion][/one_half][/columns]