Pushpagiri Hospital began its journey as an eight bed clinic on 15th august 1959 by His Excellence Zacharia Mar Athanasios, the Bishop of the Malankara Catholic Diocese of Thiruvalla. The primary aim of the great intiative was to provide maternity and paedaitric care to the rural people in and around Thiruvalla. Pushpagiri is named after its Patron Saint ‘St.Therese of Lisieux’, popularly known as ‘Little Flower’. The small clinic gradually grew into a General Hospital during 1980’s and then into a Super-speciality Hospital during the 90’s.
For spurring the growth of the institution and for entering into the education field Pushpagiri Medical Society was established in 1992 and was registered as a Charitable Society under the Travancore Cochin Literacy Scientific & Charitable Societies Registration Act of 1995.
On the road to improvisation and expansion, a decade later now , Pushpagiri Medical College Hospital is on the errand of continuously scaling in health care sector and now has strength of 1200 beds.